Saturday, February 27, 2010

Friday Finds Feb 26th

This Friday finds is late due to working on the lockout line and then having a day full of medical tests. I am totally tired! Hopefully tomorrow will be better. I will be celebrating my birthday and these finds are on my wishlist of what I wish I would get for my birthday. I know it is wishful thinking. My oldest daughter is giving me an IUO since her husband works at the same mine as my husband so he is out of work as well. My youngest will make me something beautiful and my middle daughter, well actually I just might get something off this list from her since she likes to shop Forever21! I have my fingers crossed!



I think this outfit has a sort of depression era feel to it. I think of the movie "Oh Brother Where Art Thou" When I look at it. I really do love it! For some reason the feedsack style of dress and 30's looks are really appealing to me. Am I the only one?

Pel

4 comments:

  1. Well Happy Birthday!

    I see "O Brother" too, and the 30s have some of the best dresses! Hard to find, but if you can sew they are fun to make :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I will add some to my sewing list. I have a few awesome 30's era sewing patterns. I will post pictures later this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look but the look don't like me. My figure is just plain to big to make it look right... depression era women were probably a whole lot skinnier than a plus sized lady such as me. Anyhow, thanks so much for sharing and I hope you received at least one thing from your wishlist.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy, I do know that some of those styles can leave you looking like Ma Kettle if you are not careful. Actually, I think Ma Kettle looked kind of cute :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails