Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Spring Sewing

My sewing projects list is getting really long. I am so ambitious! While going through my old patterns I found this cute 1940's dress and thought it would make a nice blouse.

20100214_1

I then found in my stash a springlike vintage plisse.

20100214_2

It was a match made in heaven! I can just see it paired with my denim pencil skirt or my white skirt, or even a pair of shorts. Not that I wear many shorts, but I do have a few that I plan to make from a vintage pattern.

I am almost done with my vintage vest. I did some sample bound buttonholes and they turned out great. Now to get over my fear and do them in the actual garment. I need to do that tonight.

20100211_5

This is the pattern I used and it fit perfectly with no alterations. I did change the front. I made it a vee neck, I didn't like how high it was. I did hate all the darts. Simple darts are no problem, but most of these were shaped darts! And counting the lining there are 16 darts in this vest. I swear the pattern drafter was a sadist!
I also have a dress for my friend in New York to finish and a half dozen skirts I started and put away and a couple tops that are laying about partially done. My goal is to get all my undone projects finished! That is saying a lot since I am adding my mother's unfinished projects into the mix. I always say, if you are going to set a goal, set it high!

Pel

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting. I love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails