Monday, December 7, 2009

Knitting Frenzy

Knitting

With Yule fast approaching and money running out I decided to hand make a few gifts for friends and family. I do love the scarves that are in the stores everywhere. The cheaper ones are just that. Cheaply made and out of awful materials. The more expensive ones are so lovely, but out of my price range right now. Luckily I have a yarn stash. A very large yarn stash. My mother and grandmother both had scads of yarn and I got all of it. While I managed to sell some of it on ebay, etsy and at yard sales I have enough to keep me and my descendants knitting for years to come! I have one finished and only have another 6 to go. I plan on doing this in addition to making those 6 bridesmaids dresses I mentioned last week.

If you don't hear from me in the next few days, it is because I have been committed *grin*

Pel

2 comments:

  1. Gosh, I wish I could knit.

    I used to work at a wool shop and they tried to teach me but I just can't do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I barely knit. If I start anything complicated either the dogs eat it, or the grandkids unravel it, or it gets put away to rot for a over decade. Yeah, there is a sweater that has one sleeve left to finish that I started 25 years ago. *chuckle*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails