Monday, December 21, 2009

Merry Yuletide to All!

Today we are celebrating Yule at my house. The morning started with gifts and lots of laughing and hot cocoa and cookies. This afternoon I will prepare a lovely roast and my children and grandchildren will gather round for dinner together. The final tradition is the lighting of the Yule log. We always toast marshmallows over it and make S'mores and sing Yule carols culminating in a rousing rendition of the Beatles' "Here Comes The Sun." I hope all of you and your families have a happy holiday as well.

Pel

3 comments:

  1. A very merry Yule to you and yours, Beth. :)

    -Krista, Rob and Roisin :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Krista, I hope you all have had a great week. It has been hectic here and will continue as I leave for a week of sewing in Brawley. I plan on being back for New Year's eve with Tom, but I will miss him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry this is a late comment, but I did not come across your blog until now. I must say I find it very hard to believe that you have grandchildren. You just look too young to be someone's grandmother. A mother of a toddler, maybe, definitely not a grandmother.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails