Monday, October 5, 2009

Packing It Away

A chill wind she is a blowing and it looks like it is time to pack away those summer shorts and skirts. I have seen a few girls styling shorts with tights, but I fear I am way too old to sport that look. So they will be lovingly packed away for the winter along with any cami that is not appropriate for layering and skirts that are too thin even with tights. Out now out will come all my sweaters and coats. Being in the high desert we get extreme temperatures and it can be hard to dress for them. I resort to much layering!

Summer clothes
Skirts and capris to pack away.

Packing up Summer Clothes
Moths can be a problem with long term storage so I have cedar balls to put in my bins and lavender sachets to help keep the clothes smelling sweet.

Cardis and Turtleneck pulled from storage
I have missed my turtlenecks and cozy cardigans!


Many items from my Summer wardrobe will be kept since they can be layered with tights, turtlenecks, cardigans, leggings, skinny jeans, etc. This way I make more use of my clothes and if a cold morning turns to a warm afternoon I can peel off a couple layers and still be comfortable.

Now to organize my closet. *grin*

Pel

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting. I love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails