Thursday, October 1, 2009

Fall's Plaids- Style Them From Your Closet

We have all been hearing how big plaids are for this Fall. Now you may have been tempted to run out and buy something new, but if you are on a budget this isn't going to happen! A much better idea is to interpret what you already have in your closet to make it look new and on trend. I am going to show you how I do it starting with this plaid top I bought last Summer.

Fall Brights and Plaid Top

How to make it fresh for Fall? I started by pairing it with a denim pencil skirt, bright tights and a cardigan. Both Fall trends gave it a new look.

Fall Plaid Skirt

The classic wool plaid skirt, I made this years ago. This can be a big yawn. Paired here with platform boots and a short sleeve mock-turtleneck it looks anything but dowdy!

Annie Hall Look

Plaid pants in a high waisted cut I bought on ebay about three years ago. Topped with a little sweater vest this bridges the plaid and menswear trends quite nicely. I used a velvet ribbon as a tie to complete the look.


Three key pieces for three unique, on trend looks and the only new items were the sweater vest I bought on clearance for $4.99 and the stockings for $2.98. Not bad for a day's work. Now look in your closet and see what plaid items you can restyle!

Pel

2 comments:

  1. Such delicious looks. And oh, the hat, and the cat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that plaid top and the skirt, too cute! my closet it filled with jeans & sweaters for fall/winter very uninspiring, i need to shop!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails